View Single Post
Old 08-04-2008, 02:46 AM   #25
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
Thanks, Vicki your very special. When I returned in 1968 it wasn't what you wanted to come home to. I finally reached Nashville, Tn at 8:00 pm. Put my Class A uniform on again, had to take it off in San Francisco wasn't treated well there. I remove my Uniform. Took a Taxi to I-40 then put the Tumb up and the first Tractor Trailer stopped and gave me a lift to exit 143. Then thump up and in a little while a car gave me a lift back to my Home, actually I had no home my Mom was in a Nursing home and the house I left was empty. Thank God I was back in Tennessee.

Then on Veterans day 2001 my wife that I'm now married to now, Called me and thank me for my service to our Country. Only took 33 years for anyone to say Thanks. Then July 08 a church in my home town had a special program for Veterans, and Delaine and I attended. During the Program they ask all Veterans to stand about 5 men stood. Then every member of the Church proceeded to each veteran and thanked them for their service. I was finally home after 40 yrs those people will never know how that effected me. It was very emotional for me. Someday after I take my final walk, Delaine is going to write our Story.

The scars are still with me, and I am reminded very often. No Asian food (Smell) and didn't eat rice for over 10 years after I returned. Thet was my high School trip, and what a trip it was. When your Drafted in the Military its different, This number will never be forgotten, (US 53 811 XXX. God Bless you Vicki.
Delaine and Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote