View Single Post
Old 08-18-2017, 07:31 PM   #7
dfryk
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #19708
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by timandsusan View Post
My recommendation. On my 2006 Monty, I have the DISH X2 antenna and 2 ZIP211z receivers. I installed connectors on the wall nearest each receiver and then built and routed my cable from the wall to the ZIP receiver. For connection to the X2, I have 2 50 foot cables that I built using the best connectors and cable available. It works for me because I bypass all the Monty cabling that probably used poor quality cables and connectors. Hope you can find a tech friend at home if you don't want to do it yourself. Supplies are available at a good computer technology store with suggestions by the staff on how to make the system work. Until you get home, stick with using the window for cable routing.
That is what I am going to do. This rig was pre-wired for satellite separately from the cable system. The cable works fine. So, I'm not going to waste any time on the road. I have an extended warranty that covers electrical. For the next five weeks, I'll have a little window open a bit...but we can watch football.

Thanks to all who offered suggestions. I am going to let Keystone pay for whatever it takes to make this deal work.
dfryk is offline   Reply With Quote