View Single Post
Old 06-15-2008, 04:16 AM   #12
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Heck John and Karen, Go to Alaska for a month, Then come down through WA, OR and CA coast. You Can do it all in one summer, depending on your free time.....Yeah, Go to Seward, I love it there, party with Bernie and Tammy. Hook up with David and Joanna and have a truly Northern Rally. Stop in and say hi to the guys at Simmons RV, see Greg in Service, if you need something, nice folks to say the least. Stay in Anchorage ONLY if you want the big city life. We had a saying when I lived there that Anchorage was 200 miles south of Alaska. Take train to Denali from Anchorage or do the drive, stop in Talkeetna for the day, ride the steamboat down the Chena river in Fairbanks and see the Susan Butcher kennels, You will love Alaska. By the way, theres no sleeping during the summer months in the northern climes. Go fishing on the Kenai and grab a charter from Homer and fish for Halibut. If you are there over the fourth of July, definitely do it in Seward and watch the fools run up and down Mt Marathon, Crazy guys and gals and maybe even catch a glimpse of Elvis or the bird man. Seward Sealife museum is worth a peak, kind of expensive as I remember. The Army says "Be all you can be" I say, when in Alaska "Do all you can do" Don't skimp on anything. Dinner at the Captain Cook hotel is great also. Pick up souvenirs at the Bush Company....Watch out for moose on city streets and don't go walking alone on the hillside unless you want a bear encounter.....If I sound a little over the top, I am. I guess after living there for 14 years you kind of miss it after a while, although we are not ready to go back yet as we are still enjoying our travels....

John, just point that Montana North and go fo it. You won't regret it..........
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote