View Single Post
Old 10-04-2013, 02:58 AM   #17
ranch560
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12491
Bingo, let me explain. As raffle coordinator, I checked in most gifts and donations. An anonymous person donated the metal eagle plaque. Not only I thought it was cool looking, but I saw John looking at it also, in fact several times during the rally week. Being a donation, it wasn't something we could just pull out and give to someone. I came up with a plan, but didn't tell anyone.

Also during rally week, 3 of John's lady friends (my wife Kristi Silver, Jim Fischer's wife Vicki, and Greg Kerlins wife Kate) got together and helped John re-decorate his trailer and make it more into a man cave, removing some of his old decorations his late wife Anne had on the walls. After things were removed, most walls were bare and I thought the eagle would be a fitting start to a new chapter.

Most MOC members who participate in rallys know John as Mr fix-it, Mr know the information and Mr Montana. As John always says "understand". And he is there for you. Well, it was his turn this time.

On the last night of the rally, I came to a pause while i was calling out winning rally tickets. I asked the group if I could pull this plaque out of the raffle and give it to John as a special memento for his contribution, his inspiration, humor, and sharing attitude. I received my reply immediately. Without a moments hesitation, most people were on their feet, clapping, and giving John a standing ovation. Evidently everybody agreed.

End of story
ranch560 is offline   Reply With Quote