View Single Post
Old 01-05-2016, 08:54 AM   #5
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
I found that post

"Yes Kevin the A/C was doing the job we expected that. Other factors contribute to them not being able to keep up. What we have is a large square box in a Oven and trying to keep it cool.

Did some more checking and got some better results. BTW we are doing this because Helen and I are grounded for the summer due to some health issues that needed to be addressed(all fixed) and I am bored. If anyone has one of those IR thermometers shoot some temps you may be surprised.

Pulled the A/c vents in the Rear ceiling and they were fill of construction debris. I was disappointed but not surprised. I guess those QC ladies missed that also. Had the shades down, furnace return vents blocked and the skylight in the shower blocked.
The temp was 97 today at the high point 4 degrees higher than yesterday.

I found this interesting I shot the black and the white color in the direct sunlight Black was 114 degrees and white was 110 degrees only 4 degrees difference I expected the difference to be greater. We have a lot of black and dark color and not much white.

Outside window temp slide was 112 degrees, window inside 108 degrees 4 degree difference single pane. With blinds drawn 94 degrees .Now the outside wall right under the same window 119 degrees (color black) inside wall under same window 83 degrees. we would be better off without a window.

That big rear window is a killer window outside 114 ..inside window 110..shades drawn 94.That is a lot of window and a lot of heat.

The best insulation was the entrance door. Door white 102..door black 108..door inside anywhere 84 ..great door.

Oh. at the heat of the day outside gray at the bathroom area 124...Bathroom wall 96.If you have that IS thermometer shoot some outside then inside wall
temps/You will be surprised.

Temp inside the side compartment with the outside temp at 96 and the gray door at 124 was 86 degrees. Lower than expected but remember that hot air rising is going right up and through the Furnace return vents if not blocked.

Also if you have dual pane windows do the outside and inside window check if you have the IS thermometer, I have on another RV..you may be shocked

Also setting the rear temp 5 degrees lower than the front keeps them both running. The front Ac is more efficient and cools a smaller area. The cold air spills down into the rear and if set at the same temp will shut the rear A/C off.hanks someone for that tip. The best inside temp I was able to keep today was 74.6 degrees..Big improvement over yesterday..Know what..Maybe the Arctic package works better.

richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote