Thread: Batteries
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2018, 09:59 AM   #5
ltoews
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #10846
Thank you for the helpful information.

First of all, when I have the batteries out of the Montana for winter storage, I need to hook them up together and get a 12V charger that has more functions than the 6V Battery Tender Junior that I have been using. The Battery Tender probably is good for keeping the batteries fully charged, but not much else. I check the water levels often.

I have the Progressive Dynamics PD4590 converter. According to an email I received from Progressive Dynamics a few years ago, it has the latest electronics for charging with the Charge Wizard built in. I’m assuming the Charge Wizard is what makes the cycle go from 13.2vdc, i.e. fully charged, to 14.4vdc for 15 minutes every 21 hours to help reduce sulfate on the plates. During the summer months when we are using the Montana, I will rely on the converter doing its job.

One of the functions of the Trimetric TM 2030-RV battery monitor is to see history data; such as minimum voltage, minimum battery % full, maximum charging voltage each day, etc. I will pay more attention to this information, specifically maximum charging voltage each day to see if this gets up to 14.4vdc or even higher.

ltoews is offline   Reply With Quote