Thread: Batteries
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2018, 02:08 PM   #2
Keith Schweizer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8841
6 volt battery charging

I have used Interstates in my existing monty since new and in other travel trailers. Right now I have 4 6 volts ( same ones you have) installed.I had read an article once that said the batteries should be charged the same way they are used. So when I disconnect them for winter storage I keep them ALL wired up as I use them. I keep them maintained with a charger that will put them in a float mode, then a discharge mode then recharge.
So my first set lasted 7 years. One of the four started leaking around a post, so that is when I changed them all out. I now keep them in the trailer in an unheated garage all winter and at the moment they read 100% charge.
The charger is a Pro-Logix, Intelligent battery charger/ maintainer, Model # PL2320 I have been satisfied with this charger as it is a set it and forget it type of system. I do check it through the winter and it works well.

Best of Luck with your new Interstates, Keith
09 2955rl,5 Sailun 637 , Mor ryde wet bolt kit, 50 amp progressive hard wired surge protector, solar , 4-6 volt Interstate batteries, charge indicator, HD tow hitch ,2-2000w Honda generators, Back up camera,2015 F-350,6.7,
air bags,, 50 gallon Titan Pace Edwards bed cover, TST 507-FT
Keith Schweizer is offline   Reply With Quote