View Single Post
Old 05-06-2008, 11:57 AM   #18
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
MINOR MALFUNCTION.

OK, Michael, I have another problem. I put grd wires on all three of my new switches. I then spliced them all together. Then I spliced them into the black FF wire.

All switches work, only at first the FF came on with the kitchen light switch in the "OFF" position. The lights all lit up except for the middle switch (Floodlights). I thought that maybe I had the wrong wire, so I cut my makeshift community ground wire off the black and spliced into the blue wire. Now the FF runs all the time.

The FF control panel has no lights on it and it is unresponsive, but the FF keeps running. I pulled the three prong connector and the FF continued to run. Not sure what's going on. I then got out the trusty footstool and turned off the switch right on the FF itself. Guess what - no effect. FF continued running at a constant midrange speed. I pulled the glass fuse next to that switch and the FF finally died. I manually closed the lid.

What did I do? Did I short something out??? Can't believe I could disconnect the FF control panel from the FF and have it still run... I have left the fuse out of the FF for now until I have someone tell me what in the heck I did. All the new switches work, but no lights. Maybe I have to ground each of those switches individually to a separate ground and not to each other? That doesn't seem to make any sense either. I don't know...

Help?
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote