View Single Post
Old 12-28-2004, 06:27 AM   #6
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
Send a message via Skype™ to padredw
Nice to recognize "fellow travelers", OntMont. We have only stayed at Gulf Shores one time, and that was in a tent years ago. It was just that we formed the pattern of going on to Pensacola or Panama City instead of stopping in Alabama. We first stayed at Ft. Pickens in 1962 when it was still "Ft. Pickens State Park". Of course, it is now a campground in the National Seashore. We were there twice last Spring (a week each time). We were deeply saddened by the destruction of the hurricane there. For many years "in between" we stayed mostly at St. Andrews State Park at Panama City. By coincidence our last stay there was the time we bought out Montana -- right off the lot at RV Connections in Panama City.

I will just finish up by mentioning a couple of campgrounds in the Houston, Texas area. You probably would not be traveling that far north, but someday you might. The Huntsville State Park near Huntsville, Texas is a very nice park. I'm sure it is busy because of it's being near Houston. A private park west of Conroe, near the lake is "Haven's Landing". It is a large, well designed park with full hookup, including on some sites instant telephone. There is also a private park just off the Southwest Freeway in Houston which is comparable, including the phone at site. I do not have documents before me, but I believe it is something like "Allstar RV Park". West of Houston, at Schulenburg, we have friends who live and work at an RV park, but I do not have the name of it at hand. Can get it and post later.
padredw is offline   Reply With Quote