View Single Post
Old 09-03-2012, 10:59 AM   #12
BusyCarol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12641
Thanks cab449 for giving us an alternate idea to the Onan. They are spendy and heavy. DH says he has looked everywhere for a T off of the propane line. No luck. Our lines come in at the top of the tank. We will look harder when we get home. Maybe 'generator ready' is different depending on the day your unit was built!

Thanks DqDick for the box idea but unfortunately we have the short box with a slide hitch so we would be really tight on space.

I know I want quick access to a generator because we just stopped for lunch and I couldn't use my microwave to reheat turkey dinner from last night. DH said he would have to drag generator out and go through all of the hassle of hooking it up and then when I was done unhooking and storing. I know...I know...we could have had turkey sandwiches for lunch but we wanted mashed potatoes! In perspective it is a 'want' not a 'need' but there you have it. DH says I can have the Onan as long as I am okay with camping in our driveway for the next 5 years! His priority need is the select comfort bed!
BusyCarol is offline   Reply With Quote