Thread: Hershey PA
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2009, 03:49 AM   #5
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Phil, you and Cathy could not have picked a more centralized location for touring. Besides Hershey itself, there are so many day trips out of Hershey. Head south to Lancaster County and the Penna Dutch Country.
East to Reading (my hometown for 50 years) and Philadelphia.
West to Harrisburg, the state capital.
Southwest to Gettysburg
Silverbirds recommendation of Root's and Green Dragon are excellent and YES it is Ephrata, Lorraine was born in the Ephrata Hospital. Of the 2 Green Dragon was and is my favorite.
If you like buffets and who doesn't you gotta go to Shady Maple just east of Blue Ball on route 23 There is also Miller's Smorgasbord on 30 east of Lancaster. You get even close to either and ask anyone and they will direct you without problem.
There is way to much to do in that area. I hope you have allotted enough time. I wish I was still at my daughters place than I could act as your tour guide.
I hope you don't but If needed there is a VA hospital in Lebanon just 15 miles east of Hershey. Just don't go in with Kidney stones for they may want to send you to the Bronx. Yes it's the same VA hospital that got me to head back to Florida.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote