View Single Post
Old 12-10-2018, 12:55 PM   #10
JAWs
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #21771
Hi Maxwell

I will try to be as exact as I can with my parts list. Most all came from Amazon. The coax I think I got at wally world.
I-MART 45 Degree Gold Plated RP-SMA Male to RP-SMA Female Antenna Adapter… This screws onto camera after removing antenna. I used this to point the next adapter and subsequent coax straight up as opposed to looping out away from the trailer.
DHT Electronics 2pcs RF coaxial coax adapter RP-SMA male to F female…you actually only need one, but they came in a 2 piece set. This screws into the 45 deg adapter.
50’ roll of RG6 coax cable. I also bought an extra end because I shortened my cable to proper length. I didn’t want all the extra laying on the roof.
RF Adapter 50 ohms Standard F-type Jack with Female Basket to SMA Plug with male center pin. This goes between the coax and the antenna.
A bag of 25x25mm self-adhesive cable tie mounts. (Use alcohol and rag to clean spot for mount, allow to dry, press in place.)
For my test purposes, I zip-tied the antenna to the front A/C cover. I will make a more permanent bracket next year and still mount it on the side.
The reason I did not use a regular SMA coax cable (effectively eliminating the adapters) is the lengths they came in, either too short or too long. I don’t like waste and I despise sloppy!

Also, for what it’s worth after this described move above, I removed all I had done to try a longer/better db antenna at the rear AND moved it higher to effectively reach “over” the coach. The results were only the slightest best than the original stock mount at the camera.
JAWs is offline   Reply With Quote