View Single Post
Old 12-11-2006, 11:52 PM   #6
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Mrs. CountryGuy

Been a while since we discussed this, and we all know how service and such can change almost over night, soooooo

Could we have a report on:

1.) What service you are using, Verizon, Cingular, Sprint, etc.?
Verizon
2.) Where are you now?
Clearwater Florida
3.) How's your bars, (can you hear me now??)
All 5
4.) How's the bars been (not serving Corona Ozz, just bars on the phones! ) when you are running?
Varies depending on where we are at but on average 2 to 3 bars. Keep in mind that just ONE bar is all you need for a connection. We have even connected where no bars showing. In this case we were probably on the very edge of a signal
5.) Where do you seem to get the most dropped calls? East/west/north/south
Black Lake in northern NY near Ogdensburg. On the lake shore a Verizon is totally nonexistant. Other than that it is rare to not have a Verison signal and even rarer to have a dropped call.

So, if you have Verizon, and you are in Arizona and you have so so service, and had really good service out east, and it went down hill as you traveled west. That sort of thing would interest us. Not particularly interested in prices at this point, just service and can you hear me now???

Sure we can look at the coverage maps provided by all the cell phone companies, we want true real world feedback.
Carol, as you know we have had the Verison AirCard for well over 3 years and with few exceptions it has given us excellant service. I highly recommend it to all my friends and family.
I would also suggest investing in an AirCard router. We love ours as both of us can be online at the same time as well as any nearby neighbors.
Email/PM me if you want any further details.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote