View Single Post
Old 11-14-2018, 12:00 PM   #21
mtlakejim
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20693
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstadler View Post
I am a fan of Fords for a number of reason.

1. The cost of repair is 1/2 of a Cummins engines. Injectors are over 2X as much to replace.
2. If you go Ford you will have a tried and proven engine that has been tested millions of miles with few factory recalls.
3. Fords do not rust out like a Doge, take a moment and look at 3 year old Ford's and a Doge and you will see the tire wells rust on the Doge first, oil pans rust andtransmition pans rust of Doges.
4. For matches or exceeds the Doge performance and is more economical to drive.

You may wonder what I have, it's a 6.7 Ford Single axle and I pull 15K fifth wheel with no issues. And a nice thing Ford makes the box work with many hitches with drop in 4 cam systems. No installation costs!

John
FYI
Ram also has 4 point “puck” system. AND you can get a Curt hitch factory installed so it is included in purchase/loan.

I am a Ford fan as well but went with Ram when I switched to diesel. I don’t know how anyone could be a critic of the bulletproof and tested for decades Cummins diesel. You can suggest Ford has just a good or even superior engine but I don’t trust that to be true.

Having said that IF Ford was using the Cummins I would have bought one. I do think Ford truck bodies and frames are in general better quality. As a point in fact, we will be trading the wife’s Ford Fusion for a Ford F-150 gas pickup.

But either way I don’t think you go wrong getting any of the top three. Especially if your like me and trade in every 2-3 years.

To the OP, you should be fine. There isn’t that much more height loaded and lots of other folks out there with new Rams pulling 5er. Be sure to look into the factory installed Curt hitch. It’s a great hitch and you can pay for it on truck note rather than out of pocket! Ran just seems to cater more to the 5er crowd at least where I live.
2018 Montana High Country 381TH Garage Full of Toys
mtlakejim is offline   Reply With Quote