View Single Post
Old 10-20-2023, 04:07 PM   #8
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
Part of the over-all vision for the little Bus Stop house was to make it look somewhat rustic looking. I had this vision in my head when I first started, including the furniture I wanted to put inside. Old school, wooden, used, maybe even slightly weather beaten, but still completely solid and functional.

Today I though I'd go over to Wall Mart and see what kind of furniture they had. I wanted 2 chairs, a small end table, and a small lamp, with a rustic appearance.

On my way to Wall Mart, the though hit me.... "No! Not Wall Mart! Good Will!" They always have used and old stuff and priced really cheap.

So, off to Anderson, Indiana I went and swung into the Good Will store. I walked back to the furniture items and BINGO! Exactly what I was looking for. And, total cost for 2 chairs, the table and the lamp and shade, $35.00. The chairs and table are exceptionally solid! And had the absolute right "look." Well, I came home with em.

My wife has a mission to find the right kind of looking rustic curtains. But, I may just go back to Good Will and see what's there. Between Habitat for Humanity Restore store and Good Will, these two places are a little jewel!

DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote