View Single Post
Old 12-05-2017, 09:39 AM   #6
mtlakejim
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20693
Dieselguy,
Isn't rec gov and reserve America limited to government owned campgrounds? I have used both to make reservations. In fact I have reservations pending on them now. They are fairly good sites to use for reservations and do give you fairly good idea of what is available but I have reserved sites on them before that were not well suited for my camper (long enough but had trees that blocked my slides). Generally speaking though the State and COE campgrounds we frequent in Arkansas are well laid out. A few of the older ones were built before modern campers started stretching to over 35' and slides were invented so you have to watch for that but they are updating where they can slowly but surely.

I know the project would be ambitious but I really think Video would make a major difference. How many times have you looked at a website for a campground that made it look spectacular on the one or two carefully angled pictures only to get there and be highly disappointed? If an independent person was taking a VIDEO then you would get a realistic idea.

Legions of people? Yep we have that here at MOC! Add in say Forest River Owners Group (FROG) and a few others and you have an army of folks highly knowledgeable in this subject and invested in it's success!!! I would be more than happy to video the parks in my area for such a project. Considering how our members are spread across the nation and how many of us there are, if everyone just took on one or two parks we would cover the entire nation in no time. The hard part would be getting all the information together and organized on one server.

The videos would be the main think that would need to be added. The mapping and other information already exists. You could simply add pins to goggle map or something similar that had embedded links for the videos. Videos would serve to verify or prove that owners of private RV parks were being honest with their descriptions.
2018 Montana High Country 381TH Garage Full of Toys
mtlakejim is offline   Reply With Quote