Thread: Reloading
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2019, 05:52 PM   #27
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
Interesting jeffba. Thanks for the update.
Rich I never loaded for target shooting. I’m a long range groundhog hunter. 7 to 850 yards wasn’t much problem. I shot one at 1005 yards. I almost got one at 1010 the same afternoon. We videoed them. On the second one when I pulled the trigger he started to walk and by the time the bullet got to him I had shot behind him. You can put your finger on the computer screen where the bullet lands and rerun the video and see I would have shot in front of him but by the time it got to him it was behind him.
I had planned to retire and hunt during the summer but all the groundhogs are gone, coyotes.
A thousand yards isn’t that far. I have a friend in Wyoming who shot a prairie dog at 2157 yards and know a guy who shot one at 2500 yards. I also know a government sniper who shot a “drug kingpin” at 1860 yards in a “major city in Texas” from roof top to roof top. I ask him if he was in the military. He said no he was a government sniper. I ask how much does stuff like this go on. He said “in every major country in the world”. I had no idea. My wife says I live a very sheltered life.
Lynwood
mlh is offline   Reply With Quote