View Single Post
Old 11-06-2019, 06:28 PM   #4
beeje
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17894
Quote:
Originally Posted by CADman_KS View Post
Does anyone have a 2020 3741(0)FK model? After looking at floor plans, it appears that this might have been an issue with 382XFK models as well.

Our door is really hard to open. We noticed our first time out, that the door will actually hit the kitchen slideout bottom rail when it's open all the way. When we took it in to resolve the hard opening door issue, we noticed that the door was actually bowed out. Mind you, this door has been hard to open since we've owned it.

Dealer calls me today, and says that the door is bowed, and it's not under warranty because someone pried open the door. That very well could be, but that someone was NOT us.

I actually think that the door gets wedged on the slide, and then someone pulled hard on it to close the door, and that's what bowed the door. Again, not us.

At any rate, why does the door hit the slideout rail, and is this common, or is something off in our unit???
Although I am not familiar with your unit (never seen one in person), I assume the door is hard to open because of the friction hinge (which I hate with a passion). Someone must be opening that door farther then necessary, making it contact the slide out (as stated bad design).

How about the possibility of the slide being pulled in while the door is against it?.
beeje is offline   Reply With Quote