View Single Post
Old 05-23-2019, 07:36 AM   #12
fatcatzzz
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #14438
I would say be very, very careful. When we left California we sold everything and still had a problem. When we moved the titles for our truck and Montana to South Dakota, we put in a change of address with the DMV. The next year when the time for our registration came due, the DMV tried to charge us for the registration in a state we left. DMV then turned the so called delinquent registration over to the Franchise Tax Board for collection. The Franchise Tax Board then put a lien ($1565) on an account we still had at a local credit union. Now there was only about 75 dollar in the account (enough to keep it open) but they did attach it. I am sure if there were more in account they would have taken it. Credit union told us that we could get the $75 back if DMV would say THEY made a mistake. I had to laugh, getting DMV to admit a mistake is a joke.

Long story short we did get the Franchise Tax Board to remove the lien because we could prove we had moved the titles before the registration was due in California.

So be very, very careful, and the advise to talk to an attorney about YOUR situation is Very good advise.
fatcatzzz is offline   Reply With Quote