View Single Post
Old 06-07-2014, 06:06 AM   #8
alandaudrey
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9011
I had the same problem of the carpet getting wet in the rear of the closet. I replaced caulk everywhere it looked like it could be cracked or missing. I didn't solve the problem until I removed one of the square plastic trim pieces that hide the mitered trim that surrounds the slideout. The caulk doesn't adhere well to the plastic and will allow water to seep in. I knew immediately that I was on to something as the screws were rusted. I filled the screw holes with caulk, reattached the square trim piece and caulked around it. Hopefully the caulk will adhere to the fiberglass good enough to provide a decent seal on the plastic.

I was patting myself on the back for solving that leak when the next rain produced another leak. This time the carpet in the back of the closet was dry but the carpet along side of the closet was wet. It drove me crazy trying to find it until I got the water hose out and told my wife to tell me when I was getting water inside. Well, it wasn't a slide leak at all. It was on the coach. Beside the slide opening (on the coach) is a very narrow trim to dress up the edge of the fiberglass. My second leak was around that trim.

I caulked it over a year ago and so far so good.

Good luck.
alandaudrey is offline   Reply With Quote