View Single Post
Old 11-07-2009, 10:17 PM   #11
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by washley1

Will the bags make a difference on my TV's front wheel alignment? After many miles towing the 5er, my tires have dished out a bit. If I align them with the trailer off, it will not fix my problem. If I could even find a way to align them with the trailer on, they would be no good when unhooked. Any thoughts?
There's a shop in Hutchinson, MN that did an alignment for me in 2003 and I've been having them done the same way ever since. He says that he aligns a lot of front ends on pickups, especially Fords, that are used to pull horse trailers. He aligns them with a slight toe-out so that when towing the fifth wheel, the wear on the tires is not abnormal. I used to wear out my right front tire every 20-25K miles until he aligned the front end his way using a Hunter alignment machine. Don't know if this will work for you, but it does for me. I even took the specs in to a Ford garage and had them do an alignment to the Hunter readout. They (Ford) said that this would wear my tires out. Little did they know. Sometimes the guys with experience outdo the book learners.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote