View Single Post
Old 07-14-2004, 11:56 AM   #8
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
There may not be a "standard" for the installation of the straps.

I have been told there is none, for the little circles/knobs at the bottom of the day/night shades. I studied those little knobs real hard one day in our 3295 and found that the cords were wrapped to the left on some and the right on some, some shades had 2 to the left, and other other shades had 2 to the right. When we were in Goshen, I asked about this, wondering if this made a difference in how the shades hung. If you had 2 to the right, would it pull to the right?? That kind of logic (or lack thereof). I asked specifically if there was a "standard" in the plant, should the cords be wrapped to the left on the left and to the right on the right. I was told it was probably just who installed, and basically they said there was no standard.

I would guess there is no standard for this strap on the doors. These straps have been around for a long time, and always seem to present the same kind of difficulty (they remind me of those "tank full or empty indicators", just never work real hot). For the TT and the 5er, we found that by eliminating any slack in the length of the plastic, we did not have any more troubles. So, almost the day we brought our unit home, Al cut the strap shorter, redid the snaps, etc. and no problem. The strap has to be snug, no play.

CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote