View Single Post
Old 08-15-2016, 05:28 AM   #52
Golfmedik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18474
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by jameswbarton

I feel your pain as well I am now at 5 out of 10 weeks of ownership in the shop and the other 5 weeks minus 1 day waiting to get into the shop. You never hear back, get no communication from Keystone especially in writing, You are given no way to contact Keystone directly. I do not now how the dealers put up with it. How can it be that they are still tops in Sales when the have no service and no warranty repairs even though you think you have a year..
From what I gather, the dealers are worried about that as well. My dealer has had Montana a while and love the units, which we all do, but do not care for the way the customers are left hanging when something happens. The rigs are usually repaired, but with no explanation. They are banking on their reputation to carry them through. They very well could end up like the '08-'12 gap where the quality of their units(fit and finish) dropped dramatically and they had to scramble for a solution. I've had more than one dealer around here state they had much rather have an '07 on the lot to sell than a '10 model for those had far less problems. I've never had a company do this. With my dealings with Forest River, I was contacted by the warranty director, the director of marketing and then the Chief Engineer called me himself personally. When you had a question, the department heads would answer the phone when you called their direct lines. NOTHING like this! I camp with two other Montana owners. One and '07 and one an '06. Both were in the market to upgrade theirs to new ones until I bought mine. We camp together every three weeks(when our unit is usable) and they love our unit, but have both said now that they will look elsewhere to upgrade. However, the AC units we are talking about are now being put in industry wide. Who knows! From my earlier post, it does look like Forest River does acknowledge their is a problem and are trying to solve it.