View Single Post
Old 12-10-2019, 10:11 PM   #37
lightsout
Montana Master

M.O.C. #24938
Quote:
Originally Posted by CADman_KS View Post
Off topic slightly...

Does anyone know if the numbers that Keystone puts on the trailer decal are the ACTUAL numbers for that unit, or the theoretical - "we weighed the first one of these and it weighed XXXXX", so that's what gets put on all labels for a particular model?
I do know that ALL Motor Homes are weighed at the factory and this specific weight is a required on the individual build sheet. My last Class A when I went to license it I was required to contact the factory and get the actual build out weight of my Vin.

I believe that Trailers have the same requirement as some states will require weight for licensing as weight determins wear and tear on roadways and they (some states) want to be paid for that extra wear. My State Washington will not accept published weights it has to be Vin specific.

You should contact Keystone for all the build data on your Vin#, simple phone cal should do it (that's what I did with my Class A with Fleetwood)

I could be wrong about trailers but my guess is you can get that Vin specific Data from Keystone.
lightsout is offline   Reply With Quote