View Single Post
Old 02-18-2015, 02:25 PM   #5
dieselguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3085
I think I know the direction you're going with electric heat and making an access from the storage bay to the belly. There already is a small vent in the back of the storage wall to allow propane fired heat from the belly to the storage area or at least there is on my 2011. All models of the dropped frame that I have looked at seem to share the design in this area. The drawback of all this will be related to the fact the belly pan is no where near air tight or is the cutouts in the belly pan for stuff like spring mounts. There is also a 2" gap at the top of the rear storage compartment wall that connects directly to the belly pan area. There is also no wall for about 2' between the belly pan area and all the water fittings located behind the white plastic divider wall in your storage compartment. Unless you address all the air gaps in the belly pan material all along the frame and around the spring mounts, you'll find it quite breezy in the storage area and out the return registers under the steps on a windy day. The air return vents, the storage area, and the belly are all sorta sharing one air space under where you step up to the bedroom. If you doubt what I'm saying, remove a few screws from the rear wall in the storage area and take a peek behind.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote