Thread: Financing???
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2013, 09:25 AM   #17
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
Well I've heard there's talk of removing HOME mortgage interest as a deduction too. I believe it cannot be called Washington Leadership, since that is now considered oxymoronic, like Military Intelligence, LOL, but in the meantime the RV interest is deductible as a second home. Back in 2006 we started with financing (I think it had a 12 year term) to get a lower purchase price bonus, then paid it off ASAP since we were already financing our retirement home and we get plenty of deduction off that. Come to think of it, I recall I never did deduct those first couple of payments of interest, oh well. That's why I was unsure. I do recall it wouldn't be considered home-deductible unless it had a working bathroom in it, like an RV, Boat or other so equipped living quarter. No bathroom, no deduction.

Oops, I'm getting off-topic discussing tax-deductability versus the OP's question about financing. Good luck on the financing, I don't recall our exact terms because it was only done to lower the purchase price and we had all intentions of paying it off.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote