View Single Post
Old 07-20-2011, 04:03 PM   #11
kingdaddy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10966
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by bncinwv

Or you can open the low point drain beneath the fresh water tank to drain it. I think I would drain it from below, leave the drain open, hook up to city water, and flip the fill switch a couple of times and see if there is still water coming out of the drain. Flipping the switch (valve) a couple of times might remove some contamination in the valve and allow it to close properly. If that fails then I agree you will need a new valve.
Bingo
Ya, I did try what I think is the low point drain. There are two white plastic valves in the "convenience center"...surprisingly one of them drained hot water? Didn't understand that at all. The other valve, when I opened that one only drained out a little bit and then the pump came on! Again, not understanding what happened there, unless those two valves are not the "low point" drains at all? I've never even turned the fill valve to the fill position before so it's hard to imagine the valve being compromised somehow.
Someone else suggested the check valve on the pump failing and allowing water to flow back into the fresh water tank. Sounds like a possibility...