View Single Post
Old 07-19-2011, 07:44 AM   #1
Drought Buster
Established Member

M.O.C. #11394
Fresh Water Tank Issue

Hi everyone. I have a new Montana High Country and am having trouble with the fresh water tank. More than half the times that I have tried to fill the fresh water tank it stops accepting water when the tank sensor reads 1/3 or 2/3 full and I know I have not put enough water in to fill it completely. However, it keeps coming back out of the fill tube and I can't get any more to go in. Last night, this happened again and I put my finger near the vent hole to see if I could feel air coming out. I couldn't so I actually rubbed my finger accross the hole and all of a sudden a huge gush of air came out and continued for a long time. I was then able to add a lot more water and could hear a loud gurgle from the vent tube the rest of the time it was filling.

I have no idea what I did or why touching the vent hole would make a difference. Any ideas as to what is going on and how I can stop this from occurring in the future? We are going on a long weekend and I am going to need every bit of fresh water the tank will hold so I want to know if I am missing something here. Thanks for any help.
Drought Buster is offline   Reply With Quote