View Single Post
Old 11-28-2019, 01:31 PM   #40
RETCHIEF
Established Member

M.O.C. #23886
Agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow Hand View Post
I carry nothing extra in my truck. Sure it would be nice to have 50 gallons more fuel but it will hurt some fuel millage. I suppose if you can carry 10,000# in the bed of the truck guys will do it. If you have a DRW than you may have that much payload but seriously do you not need a brake every 300 miles. I am sure that it makes it easier to look for cheaper fuel with 90 gallons of fuel but not sure of the fuel savings. Even at 10 cents a gallon cheaper fuel it's $1 is all the savings on 10 gallons. So you save a whole $9 on 90 gallons. Now with all the fuel how did it hurt the millage. I don't have any idea because I don't carry extra fuel. I am not sure how much diesel weighs but at 7# a gallon x50 = 350# extra fuel May not sound like much but some guys on here cringe if you tow that much over the yellow sticker. It's just my thoughts so take what I say as conversation.
Just gas up at the 3/4 mark. I say that, but have had a few close calls where the light is on that means "Hey stupid, are you trying to run out of gas?" My wife gives reminders at high volume when the light comes on.
2017 Ram 3500
RETCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote