View Single Post
Old 04-15-2015, 06:21 PM   #1
washley1
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9053
I Joined a new club!

This new club is a pretty good sized one, too and not real exclusive, although a bit sexist. The Brotherhood of Prostate Cancer Survivors. Got the diagnosis last fall, after my annual PSA test came back elevated. My primary care doc sent me to a urologist, and a biopsy was done in November. Got to enjoy family over the holidays, and had the prostate removed in mid January. Needless to say it was a long, trying winter, with no camping...and for a Florida boy, that's tough to take! At any rate, recovery went well, no disease spread, no further treatment required at this time, 90% chance I am completely cured. So tomorrow we are finally heading out with the Big Sky for the first time since October, to spend a week on the shores of Lake Lanier, outside of Atlanta.
Why am I telling you all this? Prostate CA is usually slow growing, and usually not hard to treat. But for some men it is a lot more aggressive. I just want to urge any of you guys over 50 to get your PSA numbers run on a regular basis, and don't don't shy away from the didgital exam. These things can save you life.
washley1 is offline   Reply With Quote