View Single Post
Old 05-12-2018, 03:15 PM   #117
JLorne
Established Member

M.O.C. #21760
We recently moved into our 3950BR full time. We sold our house in VA and are moving to Utah and didn't want to be rushed on either end, so we traded in our bumper pull for a 5er! We plan on spending the next six months full time.

We researched extensively and landed on the Montana 3950BR. It has all the niceties we wanted (6 point auto level, chef stove and oven, hydraulic slide system, etc. all the others have mentioned). We have a 4 y.o. and a 8 m.o. along with a King Charles Cavalier Spaniel. We have been in it about two months and we love it so far. My wife will be working from home so the bonus room (hence the BR in the model) is great for an office. When the kids are home it is a great place for them to watch TV while we have the living room to ourselves. My 4 y.o. just loves his loft (bear cave as he calls it). Based on our time so far, I don't think you can go wrong with getting one. I only have two things I need to figure out:
1. the thermostats are so touchy, they were the same in our Kodiak Ultimate (Dometic). Sometimes the temp starts adjusting on its own and goes all the way up or down when you want to only make a small adjustment. It happened in our Kodiak too so its not a Montana issue, its a Dometic issue.
2. Our Kodiak had a way to loop the satellite feed into the cable outlets. All the TVs were on the same channel, but all the TVs could get the satellite coming out of one receiver. Haven't cracked the code on how to do that in the Montana yet.

We have found that living full time we have everything we need, and nothing that we don't. If I wasn't leery of Utah winters we would definitely consider taking our six month experiment out a little further!

If anyone can help me with either above issue I would greatly appreciate it!
JLorne is offline   Reply With Quote