View Single Post
Old 05-07-2018, 03:26 PM   #113
mtlakejim
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20693
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rondo View Post
I haven't read all the rest of the posts on this thread but from what I have been told is that the Montana cabinets are made of solid wood whereas the High Country cabinets are pressed wood with a wood laminate over it. This would explain the loss of the 1000# plus for one thing. The level-ups could also take some of the weight off the High Country also. The six point level-up on the Montana are hydraulic and the rams and hydraulic system add more weight to the Montana so that could be one reason also. There are several matching units that are the same in the way of floor plans in both the High Country and the Montana's so it is all up to you as the buyer to decide which unit you feel more comfortable in and then to for the best deal you can get from the dealer. Talk to several dealers to compare pricing and also check to see that the service departments are well organized and can actually do their jobs if need be. Service is a big thing IF and WHEN you need it!
I have to disagree with you on how to buy an RV. Best thing to do is select the specific model you want and then have the dealers fight over who is going to sell it to you till you get the very best price. Once you buy the unit at the lowest price then find the best service business (more often than not it will not be a SALES dealership)! Any dealer that says they will give you better service because you bought it from them is LYING to you!!! So work the best deal you can because there is no reason to pay thousands extra because the dealers salesman has a nice smile!!!
2018 Montana High Country 381TH Garage Full of Toys
mtlakejim is offline   Reply With Quote