View Single Post
Old 06-01-2017, 04:11 PM   #1
carty80120
Established Member

M.O.C. #13914
Unhappy Slide floor damage on passenger side 2013 Montana (3582RL)

Hi everyone,

I'm writing to find out if any of you have had a water leak on the passenger side slide that did major damage to the slide floor? Well, we did due to no sealant on the window seam...discovered after a rain one night....carpet floor was wet right next to the slide edge. After husband found the problem he sealed the leak....we went about our business until a year later I felt I was sitting sideways in my recliner chair....after investigating the issue we saw our floor was showing daylight and had a big soft spot on the floor of the slide. Well, now after 6 mths on the road, we are home and able to fix the damage....it's time to pull back the carpet and see how much damage we had....oh, boy the floor was disintegrating big time!! Anyway, we are out of warranty, but the window leak was the cause of the damaged floor and hoping that Keystone will pay the claim, but doubt it. We have tried to get a new wood floor from Keystone and they won't talk to us about it and that we have to go through the dealer only to get this floor....we offered to pick up too! I sure hope we can get a floor soon....we have camping trips planned and we are not going to go to the dealer to have it done...we want to do the work ourselves since it will be cheaper and done much faster than leaving it to sit at a dealership....has anyone had this issue and how did you handle it?? Thanks in advance if you can give us any tricks to get this floor sent to us ASAP!!

Marlene
carty80120 is offline   Reply With Quote