View Single Post
Old 08-28-2015, 08:24 AM   #1
mitchlakind
Established Member

M.O.C. #17798
Getting ready for shakedown cruise

So my wife and I planned on taking our Montana out this weekend to an empty camp ground about 10 miles from home to get familiar with all the systems, appliances, etc. We will have full service hook-ups and be covered by a giant awning as this is the host spot that is not being used for the summer.

Out beast has been sitting in front of our house overnight, hooked up to our newly installed 50-amp connection and cooling down the living space and the refrigerator.

The only strange thing that happened was that the installed CO2 alarm started going off about 2 hours after I hooked us up to shore power. At that point I turned off the LP gas and cranked up the magic fans. Then I went into the house and took out a known good CO2 alarm and placed it next to the installed unit. This home unit has an LCD and showed that there was nothing abnormal about the air in the RV. As this is the 2nd time this has happened since buying the RV, I cut the red and it made it's last chirp. I would be interested in hearing if anyone else has experienced this and how they dealt with it.

In the mean time, I am assuming that since the LP alarm did not go off, I should be safe. Of course I will head any advice that is given by the experts.

Also, is it recommended that we sanitize the water system before we depart home or deal with it when we get to the campground?

Finally, I was wondering if anyone had created a Montana specific checklist that is used when setting up and tearing down and that they would be willing to share with me. I have seen many lists out there, but was looking for something specific to the Montana. We happen to have the 3402RL, but my guess is that many of the systems are standard across the floor plans.

Thank you in advance

Mitch
mitchlakind is offline   Reply With Quote