Thread: Going West !
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2006, 03:58 AM   #16
trukdoc
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2220
Send a message via MSN to trukdoc
Here is the update.
Watching the weather I knew Grand Canyon was out, Nonnavigator wanted to stay in Amarillo, again watching the weather if we stayed in Amarillo we needed to be prepared to stay for awhile. So we beat feet west and Nonavigator was mad because I was pushing so hard. We were 30 miles from Flagstaff when it hit. And boy did it hit. First the ice then the snow. So heavy it was hard to see the road. I was determined to not get stuck in it.I continued to push on and as I cleared the pass it started getting better. We continued on to Seligman to a KOA. Nice little park, it has a new owner trying to revitalize the park. Looks like she is on the right track. I pulled up the weather on my Cingular Laptop Connectand showed Nonnavigator what we missed. We were in a chilly 28 degrees but not the 6 degrees in Flagstaff. We continued to Vegas I finally got to see Freemont street. There is a young man there doing art and he is amazing. Paints with nothing more than spray cans and creates beautiful art in a matter of minutes. What impressed me about him more than than the beauty of his work was that he had no particular theme ie: landscapes, caracters or cityscapes. He does them all and combines them as well. One he did while we watched was a cityscape in the reflection of Spiderman's eye.
So now we are in Phoenix er I mean Peoria. There is a little RV park behind the Ramada that unlike most around here accepts pets any size and us youngsters under 55. Never thought at 44 I would be told I was not old enough. At $26.00 per night and centrally located works for us. The amenities are WiFi in some areas and laundry showers and a meeting room. We have visited family mine and hers. We are going to a Mongolian BBQ this afternoon and will prepare to leave tomorrow morning for California. We had to replace our tires but will start a new thread on that.
Merry CHRISTMAS and happy trails to all.
(I hate the use of Xmas the day is about Christ not X)
trukdoc is offline   Reply With Quote