View Single Post
Old 01-08-2005, 04:44 PM   #20
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
The windows also have two small weep holes in the bottom of the frame. I guess their purpose is to drain moisture from the inside window frame area. Hitting the lower frame with water under pressure from the outside will always result in water inside the frame. At least it does on ours. So be sure when they're testing that it's not the weep holes and you're paying to fix something that can't be fixed.

As far as Keystone warranting the window leakage, I'm afraid I'd have to agree with Keystone on this one simply because the rig is a 2001 model, now four model years old and three years out of warranty. If it can be shown the windows were leaking during the warranty period and never properly fixed I'd feel differently. Seals and caulking do require maintenance and sometimes have to be replaced. At four years old I would probably consider this an owner-maintenance item. I wouldn't be very happy about the expense, though, but don't think I could consider Keystone responsible for that. Just my opinion, though.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote