View Single Post
Old 06-14-2014, 08:43 AM   #27
fauch
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11342
The CYA is very understandable. If you split your skull while enjoying your anti-establishment freedom, he has the right to COVER HIS ASS when you try to sue him! The signage and any other communication about using a helmet while on CG property will go a long way in protecting him from you. Ease up folks! this is not someone trying to abolish your freedom, the owners are simply trying to move some of the responsibility for your safety over to you.
If injury recovery law was not so 'commercialized' and profitable as it has become, folks would be a lot more relaxed in life, in general.

When I was 9 years of age, I split my knee open resulting in surgery to repair a meniscus and 22 stitches. The father of my buddy who built the 40 MPH lawn mower I was riding came over and helped mamma stop the bleeding and took me to the ER. Not to say that my Mom and Pop would ever have sued anyone, but when this sort of thing happens today, the 40MPH cart/mower building-fun-loving dad of a friend would more than likely be sued, But not before the lawyers and his MD minions exaggerated the injury into a near death accident.
fauch is offline   Reply With Quote