View Single Post
Old 01-18-2008, 11:23 AM   #8
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
We have been with Hughes for 5 years now, and the last two have been on the road. It is not a case of "legally" it is a case of they won't support you if you have a problem. If you go with a distributor as you did for your starband system they are your support system and usually they take care of the problems you run into with your various systems. With Starband it is easier to change birds than with Hughes. We are on AMC-9 (83 west) and have had no problems so far and Bard has helped us with the few problems we did have and has supplied some equipment also. one of the other things I like about the Sat systems is that I can always get on a bird, I can't always get a cell phone system. We got Hughes because we live in an area in northern Wisconsin that has very poor phone services (hardline) and almost no cell service even with a 3 watt booster and exterior antenna. When we hit the road I just pull out my spare dish and tripod and put the modem in the rig and off we go... Dave and Betsy
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote