View Single Post
Old 04-29-2016, 06:08 AM   #9
PNW Fireguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18081
Just got our Trav'ler SK-1000 (Dish) installed on our new 3440RL. I purchased the dish online for the best price and my original dealer wss not only willing to install it but modified my warranty appointment to include the dish install as well, much props.

So while I definitely could have installed this myself I did not want any issues with the Keystone warranty should a problem arise. In hindsight I got a first hand look at a real lack of craftsmanship. Many years ago I was an electrical superintendent for a local mobile building manufacturer and I can tell you they never put out product like that on my watch. Forget about the visual appearance of the installation, the ends of coax cabling that were ID'd the same are not the same cable, stapling through wires making them useless. I believe 5 or 6 coax F connectors pulled off in either mine or the install technicians hands. This all made a 3.5 hour job turn into an additional 4 hours of troubleshooting just to get signal to the end points.

I am certainly glad I did not attempt to have the dealer install the Hopper 3, 4k Joey and associated Solo Node, splitter and A/B switch. I will do these myself later.

For those on Dish when you travel over a certain distance from your home zip code do you actually stop receiving your local channels? I know you have to call or chat to change your zip to get the locals for your new location, but I wasn't sure what actually happens to the reception of the "home" zip channels.
PNW Fireguy is offline   Reply With Quote