Thread: "Must Haves"
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2017, 08:36 AM   #25
Mel B.
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19469
Quote:
Originally Posted by KIEHLS View Post
I'm hip on the need for home protection but have any of you been in a situation where you're glad you had it with you? if so, what were the conditions? meth heads; bad part of town?
Never had to fire it but yes I needed my 45 to be seen by trespassers at our off grid property in Washington. We have no help up there, no phones no neighbors. Just me and the wife (she likes to carry a 38) The one time I had a squatter on my land with a 12' POS trailer and he tried to tell me he bought his little piece of land. Well it took 2 days to get a sheriff, a border patrol agent and a state cop. (Seems they do not respond that far off grid alone) only to be told it was a cival matter. So the next day me and my .45 went and had a NICE talk with this "new land owner", he left the next day. So if you camp in a town with police and phone service you don't need a gun. But like the border patrol officer told my wife when he saw my wifes 38 on her belt, He said thats what I like to see people that know how to take care of them selves when needed.