View Single Post
Old 05-05-2005, 01:47 PM   #12
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
Rich and Helen. We just arrived in Sioux Falls and have a 10:00am appointment tomorrow to get everything we need to become South Dakota's foe a long time . We already had our mail fowarding and address with Alternative Resources here so we didn't have to register and pay the tax in Minnesota when we got the Montana ( You have 20 days to come here and pay the 3% tax instead of MN 7%. We will get our drivers liscenses, Full timers RV insurance, Auto Ins. (cost 55% of what we pay in Minn.)
Health Ins. ( We are in great shape so this will be half of Minn.) and best of all in our case is no state imcime tax. We really got hit hard with this in MN. When we first started all this we were going to sell the home ( Bill Built it 25 yeas ago) and downsize to a townhouse and after much thought we decited we wanted to be gone for long period of time and why get it now. Lets travel as long as we can and see what happens down the road. I do have to tell you though that after signing the agreement on the offer for our house there were tears and a really funny feeling. By the next day those feelings had turned to excitement and relief. I know it will be hard when we drive away for the last time but I hope we can put the snow blower in our rear view mirror and start to laugh real soon after. Think it over carefully but if you both want to do this and I do mean both, DO IT SOONER.
Helen & Bill Moll
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote