View Single Post
Old 11-21-2006, 04:22 AM   #23
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Dave e Victoria

One more vote for Allison. I have no experience with a programmer on a Ford. But, I have lots of experience with GM Duramax / Allison. Michigan relatives are GM people so have near a dozen GMC and Chevies in the family ranging from 2003 to 2007. All running Hypermax with zero problems. I previously had a 2003 programmed at level three. It had over 70,000 miles and maybe 30,000 towing. No problem with engine or transmission.
Now, Lonnie, why would it make a difference to the tranny how extra horsepower was derived? Indeed, the electronic method has the ability to prevent stress by monitoring all the parameters collected in the engine and transmission computers. Exhaust and intake mods offer no such ability by themselves.
I sort of knew I was opening a can of worms when I started this thread -- but, isn't it fun?
Those year Fords had the old 4R100 transmissions, not the newer and much stronger TorqShift. I run ours stock simply because I don't see a need for more power. If more power is a turn on for you, go for it. Maybe someday I'll change my mind but for now I'll stay stock. I also was a faster is better guy when I was a kid, to the point of even drilling out the rear jets in the 4 barrel carburetor (couldn't afford to buy new jets when I could drill the old ones!).
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote