Thread: Chest freezer
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2005, 03:07 PM   #18
Redrover98
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3433
I installed a Uline compact icemaker in my RV and put it on top of my W/D and put a grate in the door to dissapate the heat. To ensure that I was making ice and keeping it frozen while traveling I installed a 700watt inverter and ran a circuit to the closet for 110v.I also used a regular icemaker water supply kit and tapped into the water supply after my 12v pump. When on the road I plug the icemaker into the inverter circuit,turn on my water pump. I did this in March of 2002 and no problems so far.
We also volunteer down in the Florida Keys from Dec. until March or April. I bought a small 4.7 cu. ft. upright freezer from Home Depot and put it next to the pantry in the RV. Perfect fit. Great for keeping fish. The day before departure I put it on Max.cool. After we have been underway for 5-6 hours I use an extention cord and plug it into my inverter circuit until I get some shore power. I turn off the icemaker for this period.I plan to upgrade the inverter to run both and eliminate the ext. cord.
Redrover98 is offline   Reply With Quote