View Single Post
Old 01-07-2007, 01:30 PM   #134
WACOT
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #1946
I keep reading about dual pane windows and one negative that folks mention is the added weight, are these windows armor plated, how can one additional thickness of glass be all that heavy. These is only an average of three windows in a Monty that is of much size, so how is weight a big problem. If they cost an additional $1200.00 or more then I think the money would be better spent on more A/C output and larger capisity furnace. Another thought I have on them is this, is any trailer insulated well enough to where dual pane windows will make or break the comfort level. I also have read many many articles in this forum on the pros and cons on GEL COAT. I talked with a dealer who was at our work site camp ground and he said he doesn't even order anything to his dealership without GEL COAT. I understand that he is a dealer and all that, but I think the man was being up front with me as I was not on his lot or in the market for a new trailer in the price range of his brand ( only wish I could be) , a 38 ft. Travel Supreme, way out of my price range. I guess this all comes down to this, if you like it buy it. Best of luck to you all in 2007.
WACOT is offline   Reply With Quote