View Single Post
Old 06-18-2005, 05:22 PM   #7
keepontruckin
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #2484
Send a message via MSN to keepontruckin
Judy,
I have made the trip from Minn to Montana a total of 33 times. I have used both 2, 94 and 200 North out of Glendive Montana. The only scenic site in my opinion of ND is Medora, ND. HWY2 does not have much to offer until you are west of Havre, MT. US 2 is two lane and provides a lot of slowness. I would still recommend Interstae 94 and stop at the Hot Springs out side of Butte. Bozeman is beautiful. Polson, MT is on the south end of Flathead Lake. There is an interesting museum in Polson and a wonderful campground on Flathead lake. About 7 miles North of Polson, there is a State Park right on Flathead lake. Great campground, just past the Bison range. Kalispell on the North end and is a bustling town and you have two choices to get to Radium Hot Springs. Either thru Whitefish, MT or east of Kalispell to Libby, MT and North to Eureka. There is a campground 4 miles North of Libby, MT on the river and provides electrical and water hooku-ups for $12.00 a night. Wonderful stay. The drive north of Libby to Eureka is very majestic along the Kootenai resorvoir.
Have Fun!
keepontruckin is offline   Reply With Quote