View Single Post
Old 07-26-2018, 05:52 AM   #320
Renegade1LI
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #22165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foodgod1 View Post
I would encourage everyone on here to look at your slideout roofs while your slides are in. Take a flashlight and look directly under the gearbox drive. This is for 2017s, 2018s, and 2019s. The gearbox seeps grease, lands on the slideout roof membrane and causes it to bubble up and tear. Keystone is very aware of the issue and hasn't done anything about it yet. I found out about it through the 381 th page on Facebook. Looked at mine and all 4 slide roofs are damaged. Taking my rig in tomorrow to get a list of issues addressed. This is our second high country and we can tell the quality has deteriorated in recent years.
Ours is going to the dealer tomorrow, took in a lot of water in street side living room slide out I didnt see any damage on the roof but I will look again tomorrow. We have water trapped between the siding & plywood with no place to go. we will be pushing hard for a replacement of the camper as it is 2 weeks old. I have also filed a claim with insurance so they will be involved also. I will never buy a camper again with out having it pressurized & leak tested like using a sealtech 430. I think this should be a mandatory part of every PDI, I would even pay the 150$ that most dealers charge for the peace of mind.
Renegade1LI is offline   Reply With Quote