View Single Post
Old 04-24-2007, 03:07 AM   #3
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Bob Our MPG increased at around 12K. You will find that you will get within 2mpg of the diesel pulling the same load.The diesel does much better not towing. Ours runs at @2100RPM's at 65 MPH)fairly level ground) and seems to get the best of everything there, we run in T/H when pulling the 3400. We will not attempt to compare the diesel/Gas..the diesel is of course the better pulling motor however the V-10 will not disappoint you. We pulled every grade on our winter trip at or above the speed limit. Got a kick out of the Diesel guys going around me on those long steep grades 10/15mpg over the speed limit then be at the top at those pull overs cooling their turbo's while we drove by. Oh on significant grades we do not run in cruse control, T/H mode. The cruse will attempt to keep you at the set speed, and it will, but I like to go no higher than 3500/4000 rpm's as although the V-10 are designed to run at high rpm's I do not like the scream at 4500/5000rpm's as it sounds like the motor is going to pull out of the truck. We are in the market for a new truck and it will be the 6.4 Ford mostly because we have never owned a diesel motor and "got to have one) but if the deal is not right we will have no problem staying with the V-10...
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote