View Single Post
Old 08-21-2018, 11:04 PM   #19
Bad Moon
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #18546
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau2010 View Post
Bad Moon is giving bad info. The regulations he cites DO NOT say that gravity feed systems are illegal. Those regulations (Code of Federal Regulations Sec. 393.65 and .67) say that gravity or syphon feeding fuel directly to the carburetor or injector is prohibited. Read beyond the caption before you spout off. These are federal regs, not from any one state.

I assume everyone understands that fuel flowing by gravity from an auxiliary tank to the main tank, which is how they all work, is not being fed directly to the injectors. Bad Moon is either selling fuel systems or gets his info from someone who does.
I am not in the business, and I clearly stated I pulled that off the internet, which is also obvious if you read to the end of the post. However not “all” transfer tanks or auxiliary tanks use gravity feed. And using a little common sense you will see that to have a 40 or 90 or 100 gallon tank of fuel with a fitting and a hose at the bottom is asking for trouble. Hoses rot, and fittings leak. This is a safety issue, not “spouting off”. This is why ALL vehicle manufacturers are required by law to pull the fuel using a fuel inlet attached to the top of the tank, not the bottom. Take 5 minutes and do an internet search.

https://www.transferflow.com/regulations
Bad Moon is offline   Reply With Quote