View Single Post
Old 05-30-2013, 06:25 PM   #15
Irlpguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12935
Quote:
quote:
leemedic wrote:

I checked with CW on installation, and the first question asked was, "Did you buy it from us?" I said no, then here came the quote for installation at $1,088.61 for installation.
Wow trust CW, they sound like my dealer when it comes to charges for something they did not sell.

Our Winguard is mounted about 6 ft forward of the rear AC. On your floor plan it appears that would likely put it right about above your island. Between our kitchen push out and the Ent push out there is a vent for the kitchen sink, that is how they brought the wires into the RV, no holes drilled for the wiring. The gps is fastened to the roof with the rubber sealer stuff and has never moved, the wires are held to the roof in the same manner with about a 4 or 5 ft run to the vent.

It may be that your Satellite might need to be mounted somewhere else on the roof, that happens to he the only space large enough to swing the dish without hitting anything or landing on a vent in the roof on out 3402RL

There is no way I would pay CW that kind of money to mount a dish. Even 5 to 6 hundred dollars seems like a lot. I negotiated the Satellite dish and installation as a condition of my buying the unit.
Seems like I did ok on that.

Make sure they run 2 cables from the dish to one of the TV's in case you want to have a HDPVR hooked up as well. If your dish's LNB is similar to ours you will be able to connect 4 cables.

Good luck with the install.
Irlpguy is offline   Reply With Quote