View Single Post
Old 08-04-2007, 03:48 AM   #5
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
I have and swear by the Verizon Aircard. I have used the aircard for 4 years of traveling across the US. Four years ago coverage was good but not great. Today coverage is still not 100%. While in the Rockies I was unable to get a signal at one CG but than again we didn't have TV either. In that same CG we were under trees so no roof mounted satellite would work either and we were too close to the mountain for a portable satellite to see the satellites.
Using my aircard, with a router, Lorraine and I have logged many many hours, both while sitting still and on the road, on our 2 laptops. You can see this by the many many posts/replies I make on the MOC and Lorraine spends hours on Pogo and also does all our banking online.
Yes, the dish will pick up TV stations, if it can see the satellite. When the CG has no cable and very limited antenna reception, if need be, I can always fall back on the DVDs. Well if I can ever figure out the DVDs sound system that is.
Give me the Verizon Aircard any day over some extremely high priced Data Storm. Especially so if it's mounted on the roof.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote